DEPARTMENT: R&D Department
REPORTS TO: Finance Director
Employee Role Purpose
To plan, perform, and monitor all activities related to research & development, design, and testing of our products, incorporating technology, value engineering, and cost reduction measures.
A) RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
• Resume responsibility for the whole research and development process starting from product concept, preparing prototype sample, laboratory testing, and final approval to invest in the developed product.
• Assess the requirements for new products based on the market needs in cooperation with Sales department and selected customer’s sample.
• Improving our product range and keeping the product range up to date with the new trends in technology and phase out obsolete products.
• Coordinate with concerned departments to update the product range with the developed product, e.g., Sales to promote the product, Design and Engineering for drawings and specifications, Materials Department for sourcing suppliers and procurement, etc.
• Perform complete review, verification, and validation for new products to ensure conformity to requirement and fitness for use.
• Assist in updating the company catalogues and brochures.
• Submit periodical reports to management showing the status of R&D progress.
B) LABORATORY & LIGHTING APPLICATION DESIGN
• Oversee all activities of laboratory testing, maintaining proper link and coordination between R&D, product design, testing and validation activities.
• Oversee all lighting application design activities.
• Issuance of periodical updates on new lighting products trends to all concerned.
• Keeping laboratory and lighting application design facilities to the up-to-date technology.
C) DESIGN AND ENGINEERING (optional future)
• Maintain close coordination with R&D to introduce new products to our product range, creating all necessary drawing, item master, catalogue drawing, etc.
• Oversee the Design and Engineering planning activities, manage & coordinate the work among work groups.
• Oversee the design review, verification, and validation for the new products, to ensure conformity to specifications and fitness for use.
• Oversee the evaluation of new components in accordance with design specification in coordination with Purchase and Quality Assurance Departments.
• Oversee the new part number, bill of material and routing creation, and CNC programming process.
• Establish product design reviews with the aim of simplifying the manufacturing operations, reducing manufacturing cost and possibility of product standardization
• Min 5 years of related automotive industry experience (quality control, manufacturing, production)
• Middle East and Africa experience, ideally with government organizations
• Experience in the Military, Defence, Security, Aviation or Automotive industries
• Willingness and ability to travel.
Fluent English. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand.
Must be competent in computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, data base)
Strong management skills
Possession of valid UAE driver’s license and personal car is an advantage.
• University or college degree in Economics, Business Administration or Engineering
Personal Attributes ESSENTIAL:
• Organised, efficient, excellent attention to detail, persuasive, responsive, can handle pressure and work to tight deadlines, great relationship manager, team player
• Must be competent in computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, data base)
• Technical background
• Strong management skills
• Possession of valid UAE driver’s license and personal car is an advantage.
Language Skills ESSENTIAL:
• Fluent English. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand.