We are looking for a talented, diligent system administrator to maintain and administer company IT system. The system administrator's responsibilities include troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking issues, as well as ensuring that all computing operations run with optimal performance and security.
To be successful as a system administrator, you should have an excellent ability to solve problems using your in-depth understanding of information systems and computing solutions. The best system administrator will also be a team player, willing to handle all support requests with courtesy and professionalism.
• Manage information technology and computer systems.
• Plan, organize, control, and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
• Manage IT staff by recruiting, training, and coaching employees, communicating job expectations, and appraising their performance.
• Design, develop, implement, and coordinate systems, policies, and procedures.
• Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
• Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy.
• Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
• Audit systems and assess their outcomes.
• Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
• Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness.
• Configuring and maintaining the networked computer system, including hardware, system software, and applications.
• Ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly.
• Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise.
• Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary.
• Monitoring system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely.
• Researching and recommending new approaches to improve the networked computer system.
• Providing technical support when requested.
• Documenting any processes which employees need to follow in order to successfully work within our computing system.
• Proven working experience as an IT Manager or relevant experience.
• Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
• Expertise in data center management and data governance
• Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
• Ability to manage personnel.
• BS in Computer Science, MIS, or similar field
• Professional certification (e.g., CCNS, CISSP, MCSE).
• Experience administering server-side technology and networked computing systems.
• Familiarity with Office 365 operations.
• Experience in managing Active Directory.
• Ability to prioritize a wide range of workloads with critical deadlines.
• Availability outside of working hours to resolve emergency issues promptly.
• Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Patient and professional demeanor, with a can-do attitude.